Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Sewing and Cleaning ahead!

This past week was a great weekend for sales. At the Salvation Army I bought two shirts and a pair of jeans for reconstruction for a total of $4. The jeans are finished, but the shirts I still have to work on. And Joann's was having their President's Weekend sale. Their clearance fabric was 50% off already reduced prices and  I got four types of fabric: a purplish red (1.25 yds), a light muted blue (1.5 yds), a darker tealish green (1.5 yards) and a dark slate blue (1.25 yds). Grand total for all this fabric? $8. I wish I had gotten more because of the low prices, but alas, I was on a time crunch and didn't have the time to browse. My plans are to make some new shirts for the spring. I have a whole suitcase full of shirts that I like, but they no longer fit properly, so they'll probably get tossed into my reconstruct pile. I don't like throwing anything away, cloth wise. I can find some use for it, somehow! My goal for the week is to finish reconstructing the shirts and maybe start  a new shirt from the fabric. And then to clean out my closet. Umm... yay? Anyone want to help me with that? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment