Monday, November 1, 2010

Christmas Time!

I know. A lot of people don't like to hear about Christmas this early. But I love Christmas. It was always the best time of year during my childhood. My grandparents owned their own land and for 50 years Papa sold Christmas trees. Every year we would hike up the hill together, pick out the best tree, haul it down, and put it up. Mama had the best ornaments too. Some store bought, but a lot of them homemade, including real gingerbread men. When I left home, I didn't take many ornaments with me and for the past few years, my Christmas tree has been pretty sparce.

So for this year's tree I've decided to make my own Christmas ornaments. But not just any ornaments. See, one important thing about me is that I'm a sci-fi addict. Doctor Who, Babylon 5, Star Trek, X-Files, Firefly, etc. So this year's Christmas tree is going to be sci-fi themed. I have a few ideas of how I want to accomplish this. I have my tree topper started (I am extremely proud of this, so I'm going to wait to reveal it until I'm finished). I also found some silver balls on sale at the dollar store (score!) to paint. And clay. I'm beginning to love clay. I might extend this to include fantasy and comic books things as well. Because I love Batman. And Iron Man. And Green Lantern. Maybe a better title would be "Geek Christmas Tree." ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment