Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh the joys of technology!

My computer has decided it no longer wishes to work properly. Which means that my updates will be less frequent then I hoped.

Most of the weekend was spent with the hubby instead of crafting, but I did manage to work on my Christmas tree topper. The rain finally let up enough that I was able to spray paint it with primer. Now I have to get to the store to get some gray paint (ooo! Hint!) to paint it, so I hope to have it finished by the end of the week. I really love how it's turning out. Hmmmm. I wonder how soon I can convince the hubby to let me put up the Christmas tree? Is before Thanksgiving too soon? ;)

I also worked on some ornaments. I bought these silver balls at the dollar store (that were on sale for 50 cents!) and was thinking about how to paint them. They're pretty shiny, so I didn't want to do anything extravagant, so what I did was paint a couple of simple symbols on them, like the Green Lantern symbol. I also used some more obscure symbols that us die hard geeks should be able to get. ;)

I'm beginning to really love clay. It's a great medium to make ornaments out of and it's relatively cheap. At Hobby Lobby, they have Sculpy Oven Bake clay for 99 cents and come in all the basic colors. They're small packs but I'm able to get one 5-6 inch ornament out of it with some left over.

Pictures to come soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment