Sunday, November 28, 2010

Maybe insomnia is a reason to write a new post. :)

I love Etsy

What's Etsy? It's a site that allows you to sell your own crafts and/or supplies. I love browsing through it to see all the amazing things that people have created. I particularly like it because where I live, honestly, there's not a good selection of craft stores. Oh yes, there's JoAnns and Michaels and Hobby Lobby. But after a while, their selection gets old and I miss the local or not-big-name craft stores where you find those little treasures that are just perfect for a project. That's where Etsy comes in. I just was working on a Christmas present for a friend (can't say what because I know she reads this ;) ) and I knew exactly what I was looking for. Went to all the craft stores and I couldn't find a piece I needed so I headed over to Etsy. Not only did I find precisely what I was looking for, but even with shipping it was cheaper then it would have been in stores.

No, Etsy didn't pay me for this promotion, lol. ;) I just really, really love this site. Even if you never buy anything from it, it's a great place to get ideas. (Side note: I don't sell things on there, so I have no idea how it works). 

And I'm sorry for the lack of updates on the Geeky Christmas tree. I haven't forgotten. It can be difficult to post pics with a broken computer. But all the ornaments are completed, so stay tuned for a new post with pictures! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment