Monday, March 28, 2011

N.C.M #18 - #20 - Doll Clothes, Wedding Stuff and Scrapbook Page

#18 - Doll Clothes

One of my favorite dolls as a child was a handmade cloth doll my Mama bought me. She was so pretty and cuddly and I just loved her! But then I grew up, moved out and forgot all about her. When Mama passed away, I found her again. And looking at her on my shelf, I decided that I needed to make her some new clothes! (Her name is Felicia!)

The first set was from Disney's Beauty and Beast because it's my all time favorite movie!

Belle's Blue Dress


Belle's Library Dress


Belle's Christmas Dress


For her fourth dress, I chose to make Christine's pink gown from The Phantom of the Opera. I'm beyond thrilled with how this one turned out!



 I drafted the patterns for them myself. Each dress was made from scraps I had laying around so the only things I had to buy were the roses. My favorite one is Christine's because of how lovely the train turned out and she's usually wearing it. 

#19 - Wedding Florals

I know that this stuff is old! (Almost 5 years now!) But this is kinda where my love for crafting took off. I'd grown up making things, of course, but this was the first time the things I used were actually used for something. I remember fondly the many burns I got on my fingers because of the glue, lol.

My Bouquet

Hubby's Boutonniere


The Mother's Corsages

The Maids of Honor (left) and Bridesmaid's Bouquets

I received a lot of compliments on them, especially the color choice (hubby get's the credit there!)

#20 - Scrapbook page

The last thing for today is a scrapbook page from my Mama's album. The pictures were taken at my bridal shower and they just remind me how much fun my Mama was.


1 comments:

WordCount said...

I love the dresses.... I would love to make some for the Belle doll I've just finished making, but I can't seem to find any advice anywhere. I would be so grateful if I could get some tips!

Post a Comment